Warranty Statement - Terms & Conditions
- This is an express warranty provided by Orange Pumps Pty Ltd ABN 18 009 789 155 (Company) of 125 Cremorne Street, Richmond. Victoria, Australia 3121, phone: +61 (3) 9426 3400 and email: firstname.lastname@example.org The benefi ts that you receive under this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies that you have under law in relation to the Orange Pump product (Product) supplied to you. Specifi cally, our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- The Company warrants, in accordance with and subject to the provisions of this warranty, that the Product will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 12 months or 1,000 hours operation (which ever occurs fi rst) (or other period specifi ed in writing in any extended warranty product offered by the Company), from the date of purchase of new Products to the original purchaser at retail level, when used in the original installation.
- The warranty is void if the Product is: (1) not installed, housed and operated in accordance with the instructions supplied with the Product; (2) used for a purpose other than for which it was designed; (3) used for unreasonable periods, or under unreasonable conditions, or for periods or in conditions not intended by the Company; (4) operated on voltages or frequencies other than indicated on the rating plate; (5) modifi ed or adjusted without the Company’s prior written consent; (6) serviced, modifi ed or adjusted by a person not trained in the servicing, modifi cation or adjustment of the Product; (7) repaired using non-genuine spare parts or components (being parts or components not originally manufactured or imported into Australia by the Company); (8) misused; not serviced at least annually, or as otherwise reasonably required for the proper operation of the Product (taking into account its workload and surroundings); subject to abuse; or not installed in accordance with any guidance or instructions issued by the Company; (9) run in a dry condition, operated at high temperatures or outside its technical specifi cations.
3.1. This warranty does not cover loss or damage resulting from, or issues arising as a result of: (1) the installation of the Product (i.e. the warranty applies to defects in workmanship in the Product only);
(2) fair wear and tear;
(3) electrical mains power supply issues; storms (including dust, thunder and power); fl ood; or infestation by insects or vermin;
(4) exposure to corrosive conditions;
(5) abrasion or corrosion resulting from the fl uid pumped by the Product;
(6) accident or negligence (other than that of the Company);
(7) an incorrectly set voltage regulator; or
(8) any other force majure.
- In order to make a claim under this warranty, you must take the Product together with proof of purchase, model and serial number, to the place of purchase or your local Orange Pumps authorised dealer. A list of authorised dealers can be found at www. orangepumps.com.au You must also provide your name, address and phone number.
- In respect of all valid warranty claims, the Company will repair the breakdown or failure, and replace any defective part, free of charge. However, you are responsible for all costs associated with making a claim, including costs associated with the transportation of the Product to and from your local dealer and to and from the Company, and de-installation and reinstallation. If the Company, in its absolute discretion, agrees to inspect a Product that is subject to a warranty claim by you onsite (or authorises one of its dealers to do so), you will be required to pay a labour and assessment charge of at least $50/hour (including travel time) if the Company determines that the issue is not covered by this warranty.
- Other than expressly set out in this warranty, and the warranties that are set out in the Australian Consumer Law (schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 0 (Cth) (and any other law), the Company:
(1) excludes all other warranties, guarantees and remedied with regard to the Products (including implied warranties and guarantees);
(2) has no liability (including liability in negligence and for consequential loss or damage) to you or any other person for any loss or damage (consequential or otherwise) however suffered or incurred: in relation to the Product; or caused by or resulting directly or indirectly from the Product or from any failure, breakdown, defect or defi ciency of any nature in the Product; and
(3) is not liable to make any payment in connection with this warranty that exceeds the total price paid by you for the relevant Product.